👉 Click or tap here to download the complete Know Before You Go Weekend Two information brochure, which includes the information below as well as information about Weekend Two’s events.
We are excited to welcome you to Corvallis for the 3rd Annual Oregon Senior Games! We know you are all very eager to compete and we want to make sure we do so safely and successfully.
It’s going to be a hot weekend (mid- to high-80s are forecasted) – please make sure to come prepared, pack light and dress accordingly. We recommend the following, especially for our outdoor events:
- Water bottle & water – we will have some water on-site for distribution or a place to refill depending on the venue
- Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
- Personal shade (pop-up canopy, large umbrella, etc.)
- Cooler with snacks and cold beverages
Keep your health and safety front of mind. Pay attention to warning signs. During hot-weather exercise, watch for signs and symptoms of heat-related illness. These can include:
- Muscle cramps
- Nausea or vomiting
- Headache / dizziness / lightheadedness
- Low blood pressure
- Visual problems
If you develop any of these symptoms, lower your body temperature and get hydrated. Take a break and get out of the heat. If possible, have someone help monitor your condition.
Packet Pickup & Event Check In
Packet pickup will be available at each individual event check in.
Please arrive early to allow check-in time prior to each event. Specific event times can be found on the following pages based on your event.
All athletes must bring a government issued ID for age verification at check in.
If you are registered to compete in multiple sports, you will need to check in at the desk, but will only receive one welcome packet for the event.
Other Important Info
Remember to charge your phone or devices before your event; most venues will not have outlets or charging stations.
Personal belongings – No lockers are available on-site; participants and spectators will be responsible for their own belongings. Please do not leave items overnight.
Wi-Fi will not be available on-site for most events.
Lost & Found – Turn in lost items to your registration desk or tournament director. If you are looking for items after your event has completed for the weekend, please check with the Visit Corvallis office by calling 541-757-1544.
The CDC recommends wearing a mask or take other precautions if you are high risk for severe illness, staying up to date on your COVID-19 vaccines, and getting tested if you have symptoms.
If you have had a recent exposure to someone with COVID-19 or have tested positive, please follow the recommended procedures to keep yourself and others safe and healthy. You can use the CDC’s exposure calculator to help you determine your best course of action.
Remember to practice good hand hygiene, cover sneezes/coughs, and avoid touching your face.
Athlete Party & Social
- Date: Saturday, August 19, 2023
- Time: 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Location: Common Fields Food Cart Pod + Tap Room (545 SW 3rd Street, Corvallis)
- Contact: Morgan Baker, 541-231-0297, email@example.com
Come out and celebrate with your fellow athletes and volunteers! Common Fields is a casual environment where you can arrive anytime you like and head out when you’re ready. Please check-in at our registration desk to pick up (or purchase) your food and drink tickets.
Cost: $15 per person – includes two free drinks and and a $15 food voucher. You can pay on site.
*Volunteers eat and drink for free!
Parking: Street parking and the large public parking lot located at 645 SW 2nd Street. If parking in the lot, walk two blocks west on Western Blvd. to get to Common Fields.
- Food and drink tickets are $15 per person and get you two free drinks and a $15 food voucher. Tickets will be distributed when you arrive at Common Fields.
- On-site food trucks include Kalamata Bistro (Mediterranean fusion), Black Forest Kitchen (German and Bavarian comfort food), Pupuseria Del Valle (Salvadoran cuisine), Common Kitchen (rotating menu food concept).
- Yard games will be available for enjoyment.
👉 Click or tap here to download the complete Know Before You Go Weekend Two information brochure, which includes the above information as well as information about Weekend Two’s events.