Here’s the most current information on the Oregon Senior Games’ Race Walk event. If you’re interested in playing, be sure to register here. Want to see who else is playing? Click here to see who’s registered.
Saturday, August 13, 2022
- Check In: 8:15 a.m.
- Practice: 8:30 a.m.
- Start: 9 a.m.
- Tentative Full Schedule of Track & Field Events
Oregon State University Whyte Track & Field Center
Corvallis, OR 97333
This event will be held before Track Events start.
- Zach Holloway (email, 541-999-4210)
- Preferred contact method is email.
- 1500 m Race Walk
- Registration Fee: $40 ($30 if registered prior to June 12th)
- Event Fee: $10 per event
- Registration Deadline: August 9, 2022
- No on-site registration is authorized.
- Competition will be in five year age groups starting with 50-54.
- All 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place winners or athletes meeting this sport’s NSGA minimum performance standards in competition at the 2022 Oregon Senior Games will qualify for the 2023 National Senior Games.
- For full qualifying information, see Rule H of Sport Rules, Regulations & Format
- For minimum performance standards, please click the NSGA Rulebook link under Format/Rules.
- All race walking events will be conducted in accordance with USA Track & Field (USATF) rules.
- Athletes must use proper race walking techniques or risk disqualification.
- Athletes must not wear clothing that could impede the view of the judge(s). Shorts must be worn.
- The judge(s) shall have the sole authority to judge the race walking events and their ruling shall be final and without appeal. Any competitor who receives three warnings (of rule violations) shall be disqualified and so informed.
- NSGA Rulebook – Race Walk