Saturday, August 12, 2023
Oregon State University Whyte Track & Field Center
Corvallis, OR 97333
- Zach Holloway (email, 541-999-4210)
- Preferred contact method is email.
- 1500 m Power Walk
- Registration Fee: $40 ($30 if registered prior to June 11th)
- Event Fee: $10 per event
- Registration Deadline: August 1, 2023
- No on-site registration is authorized.
- Competition will be in five year age groups starting with 50-54.
- The 2023 Oregon Senior Games is not a qualifier for the National Senior Games. The next qualifier for Nationals will take place in August 2024.
- Power Walking, while very similar to Race Walking, does not have the same technical requirements. The rules are simple:
- One foot must be on the ground at all times. Running, deemed to be when both feet are off the ground, is forbidden and is cause for disqualification.
- Each foot-strike must be heel to toe at all times. “Creeping,” wherein the lead toe strikes prior to the heel, is forbidden and is cause for disqualification.
- Technical Race Walking, where the lead leg remains straight from heel-strike when the knee passes under the body, is forbidden and is a cause for disqualification. A bent knee is the accepted form.
- Disqualification will result when an athlete is judged to be running, “creeping,” or using a race walking technique described above in two separate instances by two separate officials during the course of the race/competition.
- Rules will be strictly enforced. If you have any questions, please contact the sports commissioner at the number above.
- NSGA Rulebook – Power Walk