Here’s the most current information on the Oregon Senior Games’ Triathlon event. If you’re interested in playing, be sure to register here. Want to see who else is playing? Click here to see who’s registered.
Sept. 10, 2023
- Start: 8 a.m.
Lewis Creek Park
44450 North River Drive
Click here for Course Maps
- Blair Bronson with Best in the West Events (contact)
- This event is run in partnership with the Best in the West Event’s Triathlon Festival. Please visit their website for more information and course maps.
- Sprint Triathlon (500m swim, 12 mile bike, 3.1 mile run)
- Event Fee: $115 if registered by Aug. 1; $125 if registered by Sept. 6
- * Discounts available if you sign up for multiple races
- USA Triathlon License: $15 single event, if not an annual member
- One-day license will be available for purchase during registration.
- Additional events are available during registration for additional fees, but the 12-mile Cycling Time Trial, Sprint Triathlon, 5k and 10k Runs are the ONLY Oregon Senior Games partner events that will have results posted to the Oregon Senior Games website.
- Registration for any of the Triathlon Festival events does NOT include any Oregon Senior Games swag. If you would like to purchase a t-shirt, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your registration will include Triathlon Festival swag, food and drinks from Best in the West Events. Shirt sizes and availability are guaranteed to participants registered by August 20th.
- Registration Deadline: Sept. 6, 2023
- Online registration ONLY through Best in the West Events.
- Make sure to check that you are an Oregon Senior Games participant for results submission.
- This is an USA Triathlon sanctioned event and a USAT annual or single day membership is required. Memberships can be purchased during registration.
- No on-site registration is permitted for Oregon Senior Games participants if you want your results submitted.
- The 2023 Oregon Senior Games is not a qualifier for the National Senior Games. The next qualifier for Nationals will take place in August 2024.
- 500 meter swim: 1 lap with buoys every 100m for easy spotting. In water wave starts. Average water temperature is 72°F.
- 12 mile bike: Flat out-and-back course with 1 small hill. Country roads. Pavement and chip seal.
- 3.1 mile run: Out and back. Rolling hills, mostly shaded along the lake and river. Paved surface with hard parched grass/dirt at start and finish.
- Click here for more detailed information on the Sprint Triathlon.
- Race results will be sent to the Oregon Senior Games and will be posted to the website in age categories within 30 days of competition.
- NSGA Rulebook – Triathlon